Sunday, October 28, 2007

Loose Lips

Home makeover extreme edition came on TV while I was looking for munchies in the fridge. I don't know what triggered it, but all of a sudden I blurted out "I'm sick and tired of hearing about people getting more than they deserve!!". Hubby was appalled at what came out of my mouth but he was able to come back with "c'mon, don't be too cynical". I realized I was wrong. It was wrong of me to act like a sourpuss (I swear I was not meaning to) when God has showered us with blessings all along. It's selfish. It's inexcusable. He's right, so I didn't argue with him, which by the way doesn't happen too often as I love to have the last word. I kept my mouth shut and watched the show with him. I admit I get that warm fuzzy feeling every time I hear about their stories. I cry (snot and all) tears of joy every time I see their happy faces. These people have been through awful times and they deserve the break.

It's just that sometimes, I do feel the producers/show goes way overboard in their make over projects. They live up to the name "EXTREME", and it can be overwhelming. And we all know TOO much of a good thing sometimes lead to bad things. I've read of a family who after being given a grand home make over still tried to sue the show because things didn't turn out the way they wanted it to. What the..??? I want people to still appreciate the beauty of little things. It doesn't have to be grand or fabulous, but for people who are in need, just knowing that somebody out there still cares can make the BIG difference.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't finished watching the featured one last night. Ni-record ko kasi I was doing something else. Mamayang gabi, I'll watch it. Actually, sometimes I do feel the same way. Pero...just like your comeback statement, sometimes they do deserve a break. 'Yun nga lang, the show gives them too much. Well, let's just hope and pray na maging truly grateful sila.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home