Saturday, December 01, 2007

Spare the rod, spoil the child

Now, this is a very interesting TAG from Girlie. It's about child discipline. She wants to know if I use "cane" to discipline my children.

To tell you honestly, disciplining the children is quite a hot topic in our home. You see, Steve doesn't believe in spanking the kids. He'd rather talk to them (in a soft but stern voice) when they do something wrong. He'd put them in time out, ground them, or just plain tell them how disappointed he was. I, on the other hand, believes in tough love. I believe in spanking. Not hard, but hard enough for them to realize mommy means business. I believe in conveying the message that they did something wrong and that they will have to pay the consequence. If they act up, say, in front of other people just because they think they can get away with it, I nip it in the bud right then and there. Steve and I clash a lot of times because of our different methods. I felt like he always jump to their rescue when I'm disciplining the kids (it infuriates me more) and he felt like I was going overboard by using unnecessary force (be it yelling or spanking). He even mentioned one time that there was "violence" in my voice.

But, as parents who want nothing but the best for our children, we've reached a compromise. We met half-way. I still raise my voice a lot and there's still "violence" in my voice but I seldom spank. Steve, on the other hand has learned not to interfere when it's my turn to discipline the kids. In fact, he supports me so much that it sometimes look like we are ganging up on the kids (like my mom says).

Now I'm asked to tag five more and include my answer in the list below.

1. Miche does not spare the rod
2. Chinnee still spares the rod at this moment
3. Girlie can't use the rod at this point
4. I have the rod in the back burner

I wanna hear from these fabulous mom how they discipline their kids
Des
Cheh
Ruth
Nao
Tin (i know tabachingching is still a little baby...but it's always good to think ahead...)

4 Comments:

At 3:22 AM , Blogger tintin said...

Ooh, tags! I'll do this one in my mommy blog kasi it fits there. I'll do the wallet tag in the pinayhekmi one. I'll do it in a bit. Should go to sleep now! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

 
At 8:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

uy present!

sige gawin ko to mah friend.. musta na ba dyan rhads :)

 
At 9:07 AM , Blogger HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

thanks for doing this, at meron award waiting for you at my blog =)

 
At 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ay tag na naman ako yuhuuu! labs daw tinatag eh hehe

salamat rhads! hindi ako namamalo pero naninigaw paminsan minsan lalo na kung may PMS o hindi naman kaya kapag kabilogan ng buwan:D

Pagnakaintindi na tong dalawang makulets ko papipiliin ko lang sila kung sigaw o palo kung alin sa dalawa gusto nila hehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home