Friday, May 14, 2010

Boy talk

I really feel I'm getting old. My daughter is turning 13 this month and she's a lot taller than me now. It still amazes me when I look at her and realize that the big person in front of me is the same person I carried in my belly for nine months. And though I already deal with pre-teen issues with her like mood swings and natural acne treatment, I still feel very fortunate that I have yet to deal with boy issue. I see some of her friends already preoccupied with boy talks. I do think she has crushes, and I try to talk to her about it but I never force the issue. I want her to be comfortable around me whenever we talk about "stuff". I was a teen once and I can remember feeling very very awkward talking about boys, and I don't want her to feel the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home