Monday, April 02, 2012

Music

Alexis and her orchestra class are hard at work. After getting 1st division ratings at the recently concluded yearly Orchestra festival, they are moving on forward the State festival. This coming May, they are going to Washington DC to perform and also to do tours at the White House and the Capitol. I am so happy at the opportunities that are coming her way. I am glad that I encouraged her to stick with playing the violin. She has learned to value team spirit and also to work hard and push herself towards excellence.

I can still remember the day I took her to the music store in our local area. She couldn't decide between the parker guitars and the violin. She played guitar in 3rd grade and it helped a lot in her violin. I guess without the discipline instilled at an early age, she wouldn't be the violinist that she is today.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger marie said...

Aba updated:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home