Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Summer Fun

Everytime I hear the words kneipp, or heim, or aufwiedersehen, or anything German sounding, I am reminded of my connection to the country I consider my consider my second home. I moved to Germany from the Philippines right after College and it was a total culture shock for me. I was 19. It was rough in the beginning, although I was with my family, I still felt alone in a country that didn't speak my language. It didn't take long though to completely immerse myself with the German culture, and I must say I love every bit of it. In fact, moving to the US 6 years ago made me appreciate Germany more. I am happy that we are going back there this summer, even just for a short vacation. It's nice to revisit the places I've come to embrace in the 14 years that I lived there. Can't wait!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home