Sunday, December 09, 2007

Putting things off.....

The dollar to peso rate is very dismaying. I put off sending money to my dear grandma hoping the rates go up even just a teenie weenie bit. On the contrary, it keeps on going down. Right now, it's at Pph 40.70 to $1 (luckymoney.com). Arrgggh!! I have to increase my remittance just so she can have a Merry Christmas...

I wanted to go on a shopping trip today. JC Penny is having a storewide sale and I received an additional 20% coupon (off the entire purchase) in the mail good for today only. But the weather is horrible. There's a storm warning in effect (freezing rain) and I'd hate to be stuck out there when it hits.

Anyway, there are other things we can do today. We can decorate the Christmas tree we bought last night. We had to settle for a pre-cut from Home Depot. An 8-ft blue spruce tree for $27 is not a bad deal at all. The whole house smells like Christmas because of the tree.

Later on, we'll be baking cookies and drinking hot cocoa in front of the fireplace. It's a good day to be home!

3 Comments:

At 2:04 PM , Blogger tintin said...

Cookies and hot cocoa...can't go wrong with that combo!

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger tintin said...

Cookies and hot cocoa...can't go wrong with that combo!

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

tin: oh yeah! sarap!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home