Saturday, December 19, 2009

ramblings.

I've been away from the motherland since 1993, and I've only been back twice. My last visit was in 2002, for 10 days. I feel weird saying this, but I don't really miss the Philippines a lot. My mom and bro (and his family) are living in Germany, so I really have no close ties in the Philippines anymore except for my grandma and some relatives and friends. Thankfully, I am still in touch with a lot them through the internet. I also am up-to-date with the latest news and happenings about my country. I watch a lot of Filipino shows online, and I watch them for free through a website created by Pinoys. They upload anything and everything from soap, variety shows, series, concerts, news, etc. Unfortunately, I've noticed that some have uploaded viruses as well.

I have an antivirus software, but I don't think it's doing a really good job. My laptop becomes slow or at times freezes when the software starts running. And I don't think it's able to block ALL kinds of viruses. The only reason I still have this anti-virus software is because it automatically renewed last month, and it charged my credit card automatically. By the time I noticed, I was too lazy to call and cancel the subscription. I am now in the process of looking for another antivirus software.
I want one that will not slow down my laptop and one that will offer me a cutting edge protection against any viruses and spywares. I also want something that won't charge my credit card automatically. I want to be able to decide if I want to keep it or not. Sounds fair, right??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home