Saturday, February 20, 2010

Body image

If I could, I would ban teen magazines in my house. I have a pre-teen at home and I don't want her getting the wrong body image from anorexic looking people in the pages of these so called magazines. Don't get me wrong, there's absolutely nothing wrong with taking care of your body and staying healthy. And sure, we can read cool tips like using hemorrhoid treatment cream for puffy eyes, but these women promote unrealistic body image. Remember the model who got fired from a well known fashion label because she was "fat" at 5'10" and 120 lbs? Ain't that stupid? And what does it teach our kids? That they're not perfect when they don't look like the women in the magazines? BS!

And since I can't really ban teen magazines at home, I think I'll just focus on what's more important. I'll teach my children to be happy in their own skin. I'll teach them the difference between real life and "glossy" life. And then I'll keep my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home