Friday, November 05, 2010

Medical History

One of the things my doctor and I talked about in my previous visit was my family's medical history. I was a little worried about a couple diseases that could be hereditary, like breast cancer for example. She said that I'm at low risk because although my grandma and aunt (on my mother side) were both diagnosed with it, they shouldn't directly affect me. She found out my grandfather passed away from colon cancer at age 70+, so she recommended getting a colonoscopy when I reach 50. I shiver at the thought of getting that procedure done but if it's necessary, I guess I'll have to deal with it when the time comes. I've read about colon cleansing pill and wonder if they can help prevent colon cancer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home