Friday, February 02, 2007

The BEE stings, but TGIF

Friday once again. Thank God I survived! I've had a very boring week at work. I have very little energy, and I always feel sleepy. Coffee after coffee after coffee is just not working anymore. Culprit? NIP/TUCK. It's an american TV series about two plastic surgeons whose lives are so fascinating in a twisted kind of way, and I find myself staying up until the wee hours of the morning to watch. I wait until the kids are sound asleep then I start watching (It's not the kind of TV show you'd want your kids to watch, too much sex and blood). There are times when I'd sleep early (about 10:30-11:00PM), then wake up at 3AM to continue watching. I finished season two (16 episodes) in 3 days, and I bought season 3 right away. More late nights for moi!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Since winning the spelling bee, a lot of Lexi's classmates/schoolmates have become certified biyatches. One kid was so upset because she wasn't picked for the competition so she's taking it out on her. They were close friends before, but she's now acting distant and sour. Another kid, a contestant last year but wasn't picked this year sent her an email that said "I don't care if you won that stupid spelling bee!". Alexis just ignored the email. But I admit it got to my nerves so I emailed her back and said "This is Alexis' mom. It's OK if you don't care, but the spelling bee is not STUPID. Alexis worked hard for it. blah blah blah". You can bet that little sourpuss was so shocked to receive an email from me, I received an apology 2 days later. My mom heard another kid blabbing about how Alexis doesn't have friends anymore. Yeah, right.

The good thing is, Alexis doesn't care. I've talked to her and she assured me everything is OK and she's handling it well. I'm glad her social life is not on top of her priorities.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

ay grabe ang mga bata dyan...di ba dapat mas madami ang didikit sa kanya kasi bright girl sya, at siempre popular...haaayyy iba na pala ang takbo ng isip ng mga kabataan...

buti nalang deadma si lexi, pero ang nanay naman nag ngingitngit...bwaaaahhhh...kung ako yan titirisin ko mga batang walang modo...umiiral na pala inggit at such as young age...

 
At 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

weird talaga itong mga kano, ano? (sorry, S! hehe) i mean, like what girlie said, dapat dinidikitan nila yung mga matatalino. pero sabagay, J briefed me about this already. he told me that when a kid is so smart, they're normally labeled as nerds, so-not part of the society. mga beauty queens and jocks ang cool para sa kanila. ay, baligtad! sa atin, pag maganda ka nga, ala namang laman ang ulo mo, sorry ka na lang.

anyway, i'm glad that Lexi is handling it well. sobrang inggit lang 'yang mga 'yan!

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger marie said...

sorry silang mga inggitera, di sila kasing bright ni Lexi.

 
At 2:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Girlie: Ay naku, sa totoo lang eh mga inggetera talaga. Popular si Lexi dahil nga matalino, pero napapagsabihan na "snob" dahil hindi sya mahilig makihalubilo at wala siyang pakialam sa ibang mga bata.

Sinabi mo, ako yung nagngitngit! Sinabihan nga ako ni S na huwag daw akong masyadong makihalo, lalo pa't balewala naman kay Alexis. Pero syempre naman no, pababayaan ba ng ina na tarantaduhin ang anak?

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Des: Itong mga naiinis kay Lexi ay mga brainy din naman. Sa kanila kasi eh sobra ang competition. Gusto nung iba eh sila ang umangat, kapag naungusan eh nagngingitngit ang mga bakokang sa inggit.

Ate Marie: Sinabi mo fah! *afir

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger Analyse said...

ngek, over naman ng mga bata dyan, i thought it would the reverse reaction, dapat marami syang alagad ngayon di ba. buti dedma si lexi.. naku pag ako yan, didilaan ko na lang, mga belat hahaha..(BI ang tita hehe)

 
At 6:16 AM , Blogger Scener said...

pati pala sa mga bata, merong ganyan, hehe... bata pa lang, sour grapers na.

oh well, good for lexi. and anyway, these are not the kind of friends she needs!

 
At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ay grabe yan ha? how old were those kids tapos ganun na mga mentality nila? i can only shake my head.

 
At 2:48 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

analyse: OO nga eh..kagrabe ang ugali ng mga bata...parang mga hindi bata. :-)

melissa: iba nga talaga ang values nila....buti na nga lang ako ang nanay ni alexis hehe

ruth: naku, hindi lang mga sourgrapes...basta ang dami nilang problema sa buhay haha

nao: mga 9 years old pa lang....grabe no?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home