Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Plain talk

Before our big move to the United States, hubby and I discussed a lot of different options for the family as a whole. Afterall, it's not just about the two of us anymore, we have kids to consider as well and I think they are the ones that really matters most. We could have moved to a unit in Colorado and have the kids attend Boulder Colorado Schools. It would have been nice, if not for the fact that the Colorado unit is deploying to Iraq again. We needed to stay away from deployment even for a little time. 2 extended deployments (15 months each time) in a matter of nearly 4 years is enough. We wanted to move a little closer to his family in Michigan, and the only way to do that is to be a local recruiter for the United States Army. Except for the yearly 2 or 3 weeks vacation we spend in his hometown, the kids really haven't had that much opportunity to bond with their grandparents. So when hubby's recruiting packet in the nearby area of Cleveland, Ohio was approved, we couldn't have been happier. It gives me great joy to see my hubby enjoying the time the family he left 12 years ago when he joined the military.


Alexis adjusted quite easily in her new school. We had the parent-teacher conference and she's doing really well. Her reading skills is comparable to that of an 8th grader, while her Math is comparable to a 6th grader (she's not that good in Math, just like me). She's in 5th grade and an A student. She's in the honor roll and she also started playing the violin. Steven goes to a preschool, and is learning how to write and spell words. He's still as goofy as ever and never fails to put a smile in my face. Hubby's job is OK, tolerable so far. He puts in a lot of hours at work, but it's a lot better than Iraq. He gets to come home every night at least. And me? I'm just a happy camper. I'm happy when my family is happy. I don't need a lot. Things are not always rosy but the secret is focusing on what you have rather than what you don't have. I'm too blessed to be depressed.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mana-mana lang yan (re: alexis...) hehehe *wink*

uy, marunong nang mag-spell si liit? that's good! galing naman ng inaanak ko... :)

Happy Thanksgiving, misis!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home