Sunday, January 18, 2009

Argh

Last Friday didn't start quite right for me. I had to go to work while the rest of my family slept in. Kids are snowed out of school and Steve has a 4-day weekend from work. I got in my car, started the engine, and while waiting for it to warm up, I decided to get out of the car to check the windshield wiper. I don't know if it's OLD age, or simply just me being a scatter brain, but I let go of the clutch without putting the gear on neutral first. The Jeep jerked forward, then BHAM! It hit the freezer which in turn hit the garage wall. The loud thud it created didn't sound too good. The freezer suffered some minor cuts and bruises (more like a big dent hehe), and the garage wall now has two big puncture holes on it. The Jeep is alright though, not even a scratch.


The freezer

Garage wall

I was already running behind so I backed out of the garage quickly without hesitation. I stopped to check my mirror and got another nervous moment when I realized that I was just a few inches away from hitting hubby's work car. I had forgotten he parks it on our driveway at night. I shuddered at the thought of hitting a Government car! Big trouble, Oh Lordy! I was a bit pissed at myself for such lack of focus that morning.

Anyway, I got to work with no further injury (to my ego). I called up hubby to inform him of my little mishap. I told him to go and check out the garage. He laughed so hard that I threatened to kick his ass once I get home. I couldn't help but laugh with him. The morning stress was quickly forgotten. What I find endearing about him is that he finds the good out of even the nastiest situation. If the role had been reversed, and the mishap happened to him instead of me, I probably would have chopped and chewed his head off. God really has a funny way of making me realize how fortunate I am to be married to such a wonderful guy.

13 Comments:

At 4:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

araguy!! naku sister, hindi lang ikaw ang medyo minalas

musta na Rhada? sensha na at hindi nakakadalaw lagi ha?

 
At 5:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

mamah thekya: sows, ikaw naman..mano naman kung hindi panay-panay ang dalaw...i know madami kang inaasikaso...

ewan ko ba, ang buhay parang non-stop no? parang habang gumugurang tayo eh lalong pabilis ng pabilis ang ikot ng panahon...di gaya nung tayo ay mga nene pa...

 
At 6:48 PM , Blogger HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

oh no, talaga naman ano, buti nalang wala ng further damage at nakauwi ka naman. Kakatuwa naman, kung ako yan, kahit ga-linggit na gasgas, sermon aabutin ko.

 
At 6:46 PM , Blogger Kris said...

hi, got your link from tita marie's blogsite. just dropping by to check out your posts. hope you can visit mine too! thanks :)

i hope all gets well in spite of what happened last friday..

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Girlie: OO nga...out of focus talaga ako that day, ewan ko ba. Naku itong si S eh napaka positive. Hindi sya madaling magalit. Balewala lang sa kanya ang maliliit na bagay. Kahit nga minsan eh malaking bagay na eh hindi mo sya makikitang stressed out.

 
At 6:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi SimplyHaPPYMe! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. Will drop by yours and link you up as well, if that's alright! :-)

 
At 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayos lang mamuah! at least si dingding at freezer lang nabukolan da vah? :)

aliw si mister mo!dapat ganyan lahat ng mister pangiti ngiti lang pag may kapalpakan tayong ginagawa mwehehe

 
At 7:27 PM , Blogger Francesca said...

WOMEN ARE LIKE CATS.Claws ar ready anytime.
MEN are angels.
your husband is ONE
Hihi.

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

manay ChehChay: buti na nga lang ganun lang ang danyos...eh kung tumuloy-tuloy pa ang kotse, tiyak na butas ang garahe hehe.

swerte ko talaga dito ke Teban, kaya kailangan mapag-suot ng helmet at baka mauntog haha.

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

madam Francesca: Sinavi mo fa, afir! Sayang na lang ang dugong "Gabriela Silang" nating mga babae.

Jackpot ako dito ke hubby, kasi eh naunahan ko ng "gulpe-de-gulat" hahaha. Na-train ko sya kaagad.

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Analyse said...

cool hubs! sa amin naman, si mokong ang laging wala sa sarili, and ako ang mega-sermon.. with mega-compute pa yan ng gastos and example kaagad kung ilang gatas na ni kyla ang kayang bilhin nun hehehe..

 
At 10:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, your hubby was really understanding about it ;-) most guys would hit the roof. hehehe.

 
At 3:07 AM , Blogger justice said...

kumare, kumare---mano kasing maghilamos ng yelo para magising hehe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home