Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mistletoe Jam 08

Hubby and I had a great time watching Mistletoe Jam 08 at the Stranahan theater featuring American Idol season 3 winner Fantasia Barrino, R&B singer Avant, stand-up comedians Special K and Rickey Smiley. We got front row seating (courtersy of the Army). Too bad the camera we brought had very little memory in it and the flash quit working. darn! Here's a little excerpt from the show. I was right in front her face when I took this video.....(sorry it's sideways, I didn't know I woulnd't be able to edit it afterwards if I used the video mode). Anyway, one thing that struck me is how down-to-earth she was. She wasn't afraid to be in the crowd. She engaged everyone in the audience. She didn't have any make-up on, she was wearing rather simple clothing, and she's much smaller than I thought. There was no trace of any DIVA attitude, she took her shoes off on stage so she can get the party kicking. I couldn't count in my fingers the many times she Thanked the Lord for being there, and being able to do what she loves (she had a tumor in her throat).







Don't pout, Big boy!

10 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks for the review. I hate I missed the concert.

 
At 12:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My money is funny so I had to miss the show. Fantasia, Avant, and Rickey Smiley are three of my favorite entertainers, so I'm of jealous of everybody who attended. It seems like Miss Barrino made an impression, cause you didn't say much about Avant, Rickey, and Special K.

 
At 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Anonymous! Sorry to hear you didn't get to jam with the rest of us....I didn't even know about it until hubby came home with the free tickets. Anyway, Rickey Smiley was hilarous!!! My jaws were hurting from laughing so hard! I still laugh whenever I remember one of his jokes. Avant was good too...he made the ladies weak to their knees.

 
At 2:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Rhada! Fantasia, Avant & Rickey need to tour together! I would find some money to see it.

 
At 3:01 PM , Blogger Francesca said...

im here. di makarelate, wala sa france nyan, and if meron man, star academy ata yun, sus, french speaking na di ko mawari kung bangag sila magkwentuhan or what, haha.

kyut .

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger reyna elena said...

ba't tabingi hahaha! i don't hear much about Fantasio no more!

 
At 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasia has been busy. She spent most of 2007 earning raves for her role in The Color Purple. Her throat surgery early in the year put her on a short hiatus. Now, sheis in the studio nearing completing of her third CD. I hear Raphael Saadiq is involved in the production.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Madam Francesca: Hindi pa siguro nakakaabot jan ang luningning ng bituin ni Fantasia....o kaya naman eh masyadong busy ang iyong byuti para manood ng TV :-). Maligayang Pasko!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mahal na Reynz: mali ang posisyon ng camera hehe. akala ko kasi eh pwede ko pang i-edit, hindi na pala...Fantasia is really good. I'm glad she's back in the music scene.

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Anonymous: Thanks for the info! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home