Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter

2 winter storms in a week. That's what we had to deal with on this side of the planet. The first storm hit around 4PM Wednesday. It brought about 3 inches of snow and wasn't really that bad. Hubby used his brand new 2-stage snow blower with such gusto, the snow on our driveway was gone in a few minutes. Then another storm hit us Thursday night going into Friday. Now, this one is the bad boy. We had what storm trackers call a wintry mix, that is a mix of snow and freezing rain. The snow is not really that bad, my 4-wheel drive can handle that, but the freezing rain?? My oh my! I had a fun time driving on the very slick roads. The rain turned into ice as soon as it hit the pavement. What a mess! This is the time when I wish I had looked into las vegas hotel reservations. Good thing the city of Toledo was prepared for things like these. There wasn't a lot of accidents because the road crew worked 24/7. My tax dollars at work!

1 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays neybor rhads :) hugs hugs hugs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home