Friday, March 07, 2008

Good things....

...are happening. Alexis came home with her 2nd trimester (yeah, they have trimester here) report card and I was so pleased. All A's!!! (94%-100%). All her extra-curricular grades went up as well (from Satisfactory to Outstanding). I was also pleased with her A.R. (accelerated reader) result. She started reading Harry Potter around Christmas, and she's already on book 4. She more than doubled her A.R. goal in just a couple of months. I'm glad her comic books phase is over. She's reading more challenging stuff now, and I couldn't be happier!

Now the downside is, I promised I'd buy her a Nintendo DS if she improved her grades. She's demanding I keep my promise and wanted me to take her to Best buy or Circuit City to buy the DS. I told her I'll buy it on her birthday (May), but she's not particularly fond of the idea. Geez, I don't think she's going to let this slide.

Another good news. I received my appointment for the Naturalization interview. It's happening on May 21st at the Detroit INS office. I'll be taking the civics test on that same day. Good thing mom will still be here (she goes back to Germany on May 23rd), so she can take care of the kids while Steve & I head on to the INS office. I AM EXCITED.

12 Comments:

At 10:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations to lexi! and you mader have to keep that promise (kunsintihin kaya hehe)

you deserve everything nice kumare! am happy for you. hugs!

 
At 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Rhada!

Congratulations to both of you!

That's one thing about promises, especially to the children. If you break it, next time you promise them, they might not believe you anymore. :) For one thing, your daughter is quite smart and bright.

Kaya minsan kakatakot magpromise e... :lol:

 
At 9:33 PM , Blogger HiPnCooLMoMMa said...

Congratulations Lexi! You make Momma proud.

Oist, tuparin ang promise, iba yung bertday, iba yung high grades, haha!

 
At 7:10 AM , Blogger Francesca said...

ako, twice excited, sa matalinong anak, and soon sa american citizenhip.

Buti ka pa, no need to beat the worst language to understand, the french) to pass citizenship, huhu!

siya, bon weekend, mga beauties!

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

justice: Opo kumare. wala akong choice kung hindi tuparin, sapagkat hindi ako pinapalusot ng bruha!

*hugs*

 
At 9:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sofie! Thank you.

Yup, I agree with you. Totally.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Girlie: Naiisip ko lang kasi, 2 birds in one stone, di ba? Para makatipid hahahaha. (kuripot!)

I already bought the DS last night. At ang masaklap, hindi lang DS ang nabili, kasali pa kung ano anong accessories! sakit sa bulsa!

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

francesca: thank you. ;-)

OO nga no, mas mahirap nga jan kasi kailangan pag-aralan at ma-perfect ang French language. Anyway, I don't think you need to worry about that dahil Im sure mahusay kang mag-French. Kung sina Anjo & Marge nga eh ang bilis natuto, ikaw pa na nanay nila!!!

 
At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you!!! Galing talaga ni Lexi...manang-mana sa auntie *eherm* hehehe

oo nga, dapat tuparin mo ang pramis mo. tinupad naman niya ang kanya eh. be fair 'ika nga.

...oh say, can you see? by the dawn's early light....o, magsanay ka nang kantahin yan! hehe

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger tintin said...

Congrats!!!! I think I'll have Woody check the INS. He handed his app on Nov. 2006 pa! But then again, he's Moroccan.

baka nasa watch list nila! haha!(ah shit I hope not)

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

des: tinupad ko na, dahil napaligiran nila ako..lol!

kailangan ko na mag-aral (aralan) para maipasa ko yang linsyak na civics test na yan....madali lang naman, at madami pa akong time hehehe.

 
At 4:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Tin: I think it has something to do with your location too. Processing time seems to be longer doon sa lugar na madaming immigrants dahil mas madami ang volume ng mga nag-aapply. My friend from Ohio pretty much had the same timeline.

But yes, it's still a good idea to contact them.... I hope he hears from them soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home